Unisyn Voting System
Below you can view states and counties in which the Unisyn equipment is available. For more information about Unisyn Voting Solutions, please click here.
Unisyn OCS Upload Only EMS License
- OpenElect Central Suite (OCS) – software applied to our EMS Laptops to form our elections per county.
- Services included with OCS are Ballot Layout Manager (BLM), Election Manager (EM), Election Server (ES), Tabulator Client (TC), Tabulator Reports (TR), and Tabulator.
- Tabulation takes 10 seconds per Memory Stick
OpenElect Voting Optical Scan (OVO)
- Can accept an unlimited amount of ballot styles.
- Equipment used to scan ballots quickly for elections.
- Accepts written or electronic ballots from the OpenElect Voting Interface.
FreedomVote Tablet (FVT)
- Self-contained voting device contains a touchscreen, barcode scanner, tethered keypad and a printer
- Light-weight, compact, easy to setup and close down
- Reduces the cost of pre-printed ballots by printing a paper ballot with just the push of a button
- Laptop used to upload OCS software for elections.
- Used for ballot layout, tabulation and for election codes on the OpenElect Voting Optical Scan (OVO) and OpenElect Voting Interface (FVT)
- Flash drive filled with data specific to your county’s election.
- These are placed into the USB port on the EMS Laptop for election coding and tabulation.
- Tabulation takes 10 seconds per flash drive to upload results.
- Labeled and wrapped by style and boxed by precinct
- 11 x 17 of each style
Vote Center Kits
This red bag includes:
- Signs and supplies such as official ballot return case seal
- Election results return envelope
- Voted ballots sign
- Election official sign
- Ballots with write-in’s sign
- Handicap sign
- Voter instructions sign
- A no smoking sign
This green bag includes:
- Official poll record
- Official ballots
- Narrative “How to” for OVO and FVT
- Spoiled ballot envelopes to name a few
Annual Election Equipment Preparation
- Clean, test and inspect equipment
- Includes maintenance on each of the optical scan and touchscreen units.
Lock and Load OS – per Election
- Run blank, fully voted, over voted, write-in, and accuracy count tests for each ballot style
- Test screen calibration
Lock and Load TS – per Federal Election
- Run Logic and Accuracy test
- Test screen calibration
Ballot on Demand Setup – per Election
- Setup ballot files on EMS Laptop
- Calibrate ballot printers
Ballot Coding – each Precinct per Election
- Creation of ballot layout for each style
Ballot Audio – each Precinct per Election
- Audio file creation for elections for all races, candidates, and public questions
Early Vote Center Setup – per Election
- Test and setup early voting machines in Clerk’s office and off-site locations
Public Test – per Election
- Perform retesting of 10% of the machines to be used on Election Day
Election Day – per Election
- Personnel on site to assist in Election Day troubleshooting and Election Night tabulation and results posting
Post-Election Retab and Provisional – per Election
- Perform a 5% audit of ballots voted on Election Day as well as Vote By Mail, Early Voting, and Grace Period Voting